- Leveraging the strengths of both companies, Stellantis and Leapmotor give birth to a strategic global relationship that aims at creating a highly competitive and highly efficient EV mobility powerhouse in China and around the world
- Companies intend to establish the Leapmotor International joint venture designed to accelerate and expand global sales of Leapmotor’s high-tech, cost-efficient products by leveraging Stellantis’ extensive assets and commercial know-how around the globe
- Leapmotor is among the fastest growing Chinese pure-play new energy vehicles (NEVs) tech leaders with a unique vertical integration model and full-suite of in-house R&D and manufacturing capabilities
- Stellantis is one of the largest mobility companies, ranking among the most profitable and efficient automakers worldwide
- Stellantis will leverage Leapmotor’s tech-first EV ecosystem in China to help meet core Dare Forward 2030 electrification targets, while remaining open to exploring further synergies with its partner
- Stellantis’ investment enables it to acquire approximately 20% equity stake, making it a significant shareholder and giving it two Board of Directors seats
AMSTERDAM, HONG KONG – Stellantis N.V. and Leapmotor today announced that Stellantis plans to invest ca. €1.5 billion to acquire approximately 20% of Leapmotor, making Stellantis a significant shareholder. The deal also outlines the formation of Leapmotor International, a 51/49 Stellantis-led joint venture that has exclusive rights for the export and sale, as well as manufacturing, of Leapmotor products outside Greater China. This will be an industry-first global electric vehicle relationship between a leading automaker and a Chinese pure-play NEV OEM.
The partnership aims to further boost Leapmotor’s sales in China, the biggest market in the world, while leveraging Stellantis’ established global commercial presence to significantly accelerate Leapmotor brand sales in other regions, starting with Europe. Stellantis intends to leverage Leapmotor’s highly innovative, cost-efficient EV ecosystem in China to help meet core Dare Forward 2030 electrification targets,